Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, USA Climbing has issued significant changes to the Youth Bouldering Qualification Series. Adhering to those guidelines, ASCEND will host two bouldering virtual redpoint competitions at:
- ASCEND Pittsburgh: Monday 11/9 - Sunday 11/22
- ASCEND Youngstown: Monday 12/7 - Sunday 12/20
Competitors, parents, and guardians should consult THIS FAQ DOCUMENT to gain foundational knowledge on this series. Participants must have an active USAC competitor membership to compete.
Additionally, please understand the following information:
- How do competitors register?
- Competitors must register through the Kaya app (learn more in link above), AND
- MAKE A RESERVATION for a climbing session(s) at ASCEND during the dates listed above.
- Is there an additional cost to competitors from ASCEND?
- All you need to pay for is your admission to the facility. Members need not pay, Punch Pass holders will debit a punch, and guests must purchase a Day Pass.
- Can competitors climb for longer than a 2-hour session?
- Yes! Just reserve multiple climbing sessions. You may be asked to take a 15 minute break in between sessions. Guests will not need to purchase an additional Day Pass if visiting on the same day, but please touch base with the front desk to let them know you've already paid for the day. If you visit on a different day, you will need to gain admission once again.
- How many spectators/guardians are allowed?
- 1 per competitor
- Do we charge for spectators/guardians?
- No! But they must register alongside the competitor.
- What are ASCEND COVID-19 precautions?
- VISIT OUR HOMEPAGE to learn more!
- My gym/team wants to bring five or more competitors?
- Please SEND US AN EMAIL to make arrangements.
- What sessions are the A-Team participating in?
- Keep a look out for the A-Team newsletter for more soon or GO HERE.