We are stoked to bring the ASCEND community slackline programming! We've got classes, workshops, events, and private instruction to offer. We'll be adding more information here soon, so stay tuned and visit often! In the meantime, click on the button below and get started! If you're interested in learning more or seeking private instruction, GET STARTED NOW.
If you haven't already, read up on how to create your new online account and get our new app HERE.
Otherwise, view the schedule and book classes and programs HERE.
SLACKLINE CLASSES (ALL LEVELS)
Join ASCEND for our weekly slackline class! We encourage all levels of slackliners, including anyone who has never slacklined, to join our slackline instructors for tips and tricks in better slacklining, better climbing cross-training, and the importance of balance. ASCEND's weekly slackline class uses a 1" slackline, which is ideal in the context of climbing and fitness. The slackline class also takes place 100% overtop of crash mats/pads and is ideal for anyone 14 and older. Free for members, and included with price of daypass for non-members (just like a yoga or fitness class!)
Join ASCEND for an evening of slackline! Throughout the gym, we'll have a variety of slacklines to try, as well as several slackline experts to help with pro tips and instruction. Workshops will be divided into two groups; beginners and intermediate/advanced.
- Beginners, and those that have never practiced slackline before, are encouraged to join our YogaSlackers certified teachers for an introduction to the fundamentals of a slackline practice. An introductory clinic will take place from 9p to 10p, after which, students will be given ample time for individual practice, one-on-one time with teachers, and exploration of the more advanced slacklines available in the gym.
- Intermediate to advanced slackliners are also able to join for the YogaSlackers' clinic from 9p to 10p, but may also enjoy the numerous other slacklines on their own schedule; or at least until midnight. Each of these stations will be occupied by a slackline expert, who will provide dedicated, one-on-one instruction for that particular slackline. This includes:
- Longline (~200' indoor longline)
- Highlines (leashed slacklines) - not available at all events
- 2" slackline
- Primitive slacklines and rigging stations
- Education and mentorship for a rapidly growing community
- A unique way to spend your Saturday night at ASCEND
- Resources for continuing a slackline practice