ASCEND Pittsburgh and ASCEND Youngstown are open! Due to the nature of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and our desire to keep our community healthy and strong, some aspects of our operations will be impacted. We ask that you review the information below before arriving to an ASCEND facility, as there precautions and a mandatory reservation system. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding while we make our way back toward normalcy.
Please do not show up without having a reservation and mind our cancellation policy. Consider downloading the RGPro Connect Mobile App from the Apple Store or Google Play to make booking easier. When selecting your reservations below, please know that:
- other programs, such as yoga, fitness, climbing classes, etc, occur independent of the 2-hour climbing sessions, and must be directly registered for in order to participate. Participants of those other non-climbing session programs should not also register for a 2-hour climbing session. Instead, they may climb before or after their class/program. In short, if you register for something that falls within a 2-hour session, you have access to the facility for that entire session(s).
- to cancel a reservation, you must call or send us a message.
- Reservations are required in order to maintain suitable capacity levels and provide a systematic cleaning regiment. Click here to purchase a day pass or become a member.
- Staff and guests must wear masks/cloth face coverings whenever possible, except if having trouble breathing, feeling lightheaded or dizzy, or while eating or drinking. Face coverings must adhere to the most current CDC Guidelines.
- Everyone must maintain recommended hygiene and social distancing measures, and stay home if feeling sick or have had known contact with someone who is sick.
- Showers and drinking fountains are not in use, though you may refill your personal water bottle.
- Rental shoes, harnesses, and belay equipment will be available, but not chalk bags, yoga mats, props, and some fitness equipment. Please bring your own yoga mats and other personal items.
- We recommend that people use liquid chalk, but we will still allow loose chalk. Liquid chalk has the added benefit of reducing chalk in the air which is better for our lungs as well as our air filters. Additionally, there is new researching being presented that climbing chalk significantly reduces Coronavirus.
- Acro yoga is not permitted anywhere in the facility, but we still have so much love for our acro community.
- Member guest passes may be used by registering your guest as a Day Pass participant within the booking system.
- Our retail stores are open to the public - reservations not required.
- Enjoying isolation? We offer personal fitness, yoga, climbing, and slacklining instruction, as well as privately guided outdoor trips. INQUIRE NOW!
- Not ready to come back? ASCEND To Go is our online platform designed to keep you connected and in-shape whenever you're unable to visit an ASCEND location. Including fitness workouts and pro-tips, yoga classes and at home practice ideas, climbing technique and drills, rope skills tutorials, club virtual hangouts, and the ASCEND Blog.
- Need gear? Check out our brand-new online retail store, stocked with climbing gear, ASCEND merchandise, and concessions!
- Additional measures include: electrostatic disinfectant spray, increased air filtration measures, including higher airflow, installation of MERV-13 filters, and changing filters more frequently, greater access to hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray, toilet seat lids, and step-and-pulls on doors.
The COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent business closure and limited reopening has ushered in unprecedented, daily challenges for conducting business. With constantly fluid information and guidelines from authorities, we want to make one thing clear - our commitment to our customers and our employees remains constant - by maintaining transparent communication through this crisis and balance the needs of our employees, our members, and the future of ASCEND through thoughtful decision-making.