Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) caused pandemic, ASCEND Pittsburgh and ASCEND Youngstown are temporarily closed to the public. But during these uncertain times, we're still here for you! See below to learn how we may continue to serve you, and for how you can lend your support.
ASCEND’s COVID-19 Closure Commitment
The COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent business closure ushered in unprecedented, daily challenges for conducting business. With constantly fluid information and guidelines from authorities, we want to make one thing clear: our commitment to our customers and our employees remains constant.
With so much happening and changing, we understand that you have questions like:
- Why should I continue to pay my membership dues if you aren’t continuing to pay ALL of your workforce?
- How exactly will donations make their way to furloughed employees?
- Won’t the CARES Act cover many of ASCEND’s expenses?
The truth is, we don’t know exactly how all of this is going to play out. And while so much is so uncertain, we want to make it clear that we are making the following commitments:
- Maintaining transparent communication through this crisis.
- Balancing the needs of our employees, our members, and the future of ASCEND through thoughtful decision-making.
- Diverting any profit during this closure towards employees, charity, and to improvements at ASCEND that will directly benefit our members and community.
Member Billing Options
Like many other gyms around the world that are in a similar situation, we're asking for members who are able to continue to support us during this closure. Please click the button below to opt-out of future billings, temporarily reduce or increase your billing amount, or to make a donation. If you prefer to keep your billing status active, you do not need to take any action.
How else can you help?
- Purchase gift cards, day passes, 10-punches, or memberships via our online store to put to good use once we're up and running.
- Take advantage of our online classes and tutorials - ASCEND To Go! See below for more.
- Make an online retail purchase. See below for more.
- Send us content for social media! How are you staying in shape and motivated at home? Got some sweet pics? Send them to [email protected] or share on social media and tag @ascendclimbinggym. Follow and contribute to the world-wide sensation #onsightyourhouse - we'll try to share on our channels!
ASCEND To Go
A new, online platform designed to keep you connected and in-shape whenever you're unable to visit an ASCEND location.
- Fitness workouts and pro-tips
- Yoga classes and at home practice ideas
- Climbing technique and drills
- Rope skills tutorials
- Club virtual hangouts
And be sure to bookmark our blog. We'll be keeping it regularly updated with unique content to keep you occupied, informed, and thinking outside of the box.
Retail + Concessions
Check out our brand-new online retail store, stocked with climbing gear, ASCEND merchandise, and concessions!